Piling Pump Operative
Areas of operation: London, Home Counties and East Anglia - 50 hours per week
We have an excellent opportunity for individuals from a piling/ground engineering background to join one of the most respected, privately owned piling companies operating in the UK today. As Piling Pump Operative, you will ensure all piling operations are carried out safely, efficiently and to a good standard. Benefits include: Profit share scheme; Employer contributed pension; 22 days holiday (inclusive of Christmas shutdown).
- Competitive hourly rate
- To understand fully the operation and maintenance of the concrete pump and holding drum, follow the safe system of work and use safety equipment and protective clothing as specified.
- To prepare the concrete pump and holding drum for the days’ piling, including making grout, applying mould oil/release agent. and refilling with fuel.
- To receive concrete lorries on site, confirm the concrete mix and bank the vehicle to the concrete plant.
- To pump concrete into the piles when required.
- To make concrete cubes as required.
- To install reinforcement into the piles once completed.
- To wash out the drum and pump correctly.
- To assist with the “blowing out” procedure.
- To clean the plant.
- Comply with Company Health and Safety Regulations and safety procedures.
- Attend safety and skills training as directed by the Contracts Manager.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
- Experience preferred with relevant training cards however full training can be provided
- Good team working ability.
- Methodical and structured approach to problem solving.