Trainee Design Estimator
Attleborough (Office Base) – Applicants must be willing to travel for work - Full Time, Apprenticeship, Permanent
Are you looking to build your career in a company driven by Quality & Innovation. G M Piling have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join our close-knit team of Design Estimators as a Trainee Design Estimator. You will work towards a highly prized Civil Engineering Degree and gain experience within a specialised sector of a growing geotechnical industry. By joining our team of proactive, forward thinking Design Estimators you will immediately become a key part of our business and have the opportunity to gain experience within a wide range of tasks.
- Production of design calculations for both load bearing and embedded retaining wall piles
- Preparation of tender submissions
- Assisting external engineers with early design advice
- Attending contract / progress meetings with potential clients
- General office duties
Key Skills & Knowledge
- A basic understanding of engineering principles, a conscientious approach to tasks and a willingness to learn.
- To be a self- starter, capable of working with minimal supervision
- A willingness to develop technical abilities in the piling disciplines with an analytical approach to problem solving
- To be a good communicator, capable of effective interaction with internal and external parties through multiple communication channels
- Competence in the use of digital technology
- Motivation to progress
- Relevant work experience gained through summer placements or employment
- To be prepared to travel locally and across the UK as required
- Full valid driving licence
- Academic entry requirements:
- UCAS Tariff: 96 points
- 96 Points including at least two subjects at GCE/VCE A Level or VCE double award equivalent plus
- GCSEs in at least four subjects grade C or above including English and Maths. We ask for GCSE Maths at grade B or grade 5 and above.
- Students whose first language is not English will be required to be proficient in IELTS or TOEFL with a score of 6.
- In return we offer a competitive salary and a structured career path.
We partner with the Anglia Ruskin University to deliver the Civil Engineering Apprenticeship which is structured via blended learning with dedicated tutors and mentors to help you along your learning journey. When you join us 20% of your working time will be dedicated to your study and 80% will be on the job training with our professional team who is passionate about our next generation of learners.
Apprentices will qualify with an undergraduate degree: Civil Engineering with Project Management (Apprenticeship).